Sunday 1 May 2016

Easter spirit

at 15:29

Even though Easter in Western countries passed just a few weeks ago in my country it has just began and as every popular thematic holidays it has gotten the best of me. Because of this celebration we are freed from school for 4 days and since I have nothing better to do, I started decorating the whole house. After adding a lot of fake nests and flowers in every room it was time for me and my mother to dye our eggs.
The popular Bulgarian tradition (probably it's the same way in many other countries tho) is to dip plain eggs in colored water and leave them as they are, maybe add a sticker or something. But I got inspired and decided to go and full on draw them over.
This year we had white eggs and the yellow dye was surprisingly good so in the end we were full of yellow eggs. I somehow got the idea to make them like emojis (blame it on Pinterest). I used some leftover dye and a marker for the precise lines.
I made some other designs like M&M's candy, Mike from Monsters Inc. and even an egg resembling my dog, which is a cocker spaniel.
I'm going to photograph all my Eastern decorations tomorrow and share it with you guys!
Hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Maria's Beauty Blog Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea